You're Full Of It
Ideas, that is. You're full of ideas. Everyone has something in their head that they think would benefit themselves or the world. Perhaps you have an idea that would streamline certain processes at your job? Maybe you have an idea for a product that would help a target demographic? Or it could be that you have an invention that would benefit mankind in some way?
No matter what your idea is, keeping it in your head doesn't benefit anyone. The best ideas are the ones that you bring to fruition.
You see, ideas are just electrical signals in the brain until you do something with them. I'm always running into people who have an idea. They're full of them, literally. Every other month, they have a new and revolutionary idea. Many of their ideas are fantastic ones. The only problem is the follow through. They get bored with an idea after some time and move on to the next one.
You could probably change the world if you had an idea and saw it through to completion. Here are some tips to help you work through ideas you have, and to help you see them through.
- Write your ideas down, as soon as you have them.
- Expand on your idea. What does it do? Who does it help?
- What resources do you need for your idea? Think people and money.
- How long would it take for you to develop your idea?
- Set milestone dates/deadlines. Try to have a small goal that needs to be completed by each date.
- Keep a log of your wins/losses.
- Encourage yourself. Don't let stumbling blocks become barriers.
With a bit of follow through and some determination, you can see your ideas become reality. Perhaps, you'll come up with something that makes the world a better place to live.